Thursday, January 11, 2018

Light City Classes



I like the idea of expanding the classes for Light City? This is what we have so far.

Swords & Wizardry Light/Continual Light Classes
The Brawler
The Elemental
The Amazon
The Super-Pet
The Sidekick
The Angel

+Jonathan Linneman is working on a cool new project that will include three new classes (Brick, Marksman, and Supersoldier). He's also talked about doing an Atlantean. For this reason I'm going to shy away from those archetypes.

These are some ideas that I had:

Intelligent Ape (I'm iffy about this one because the Super-Pet could potentially cover it.)
Super Butler
Ghoul/Zombie
Vampire
Shapechanger (think Beast Boy)
Hybrid (Animal-Human hybrid, could be a werecreature, could be a ninja turtle)
Master of Disguise
Psychic

Many of these would work for a fantasy game too. What would you like to see?

4 comments:

  1. Shapechanger and Hybrid are tops in that list for my own use, I think. The Shapechanger is a definite four-color archetype and one that I've ignored in part because I'm either going to make it too boring or too complicated.

    The Hybrid is definitely needed too, though...you know I'm all about the anthros! It's also a tough one to approach in my mind. If you look at something like the Ninja Turtles, as RPG characters, they're really more ninja than they are turtle. BUT...the turtle is the reason they'd be fun to play. Those are just details I get held up by fretting over too much, though. Seems like a class tailor-made for characters like Man-Bat, the Lizard, and King Shark!

    In short, I'd love to see how you make either (or any) of these. And no matter which you choose first, the Super Butler has to be done eventually, not for usefulness but for awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two classes are the ones that’s I want to do the most, yet worry about too. There are some great stories with Alfred and Jarvis, so I have to do something with butlers.

      Delete
  2. You could put vampire, ghoul, zombie, werewolf, ghost, etc under one archetype and call it Supernatural. The player can decide which type they want to play.

    I am currently working on a write-up for Robots (including options for Androids and Cyborgs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took your advice, though I called it the Cursed. Robots sound like they could be fun.

      Delete